- Welcome to Evenstar now on Crickhollow! There are 2 new legendary servers. A few folks are playing on Anor- must be VIP. Happy Thanksgiving!
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
The Banner of Evenstar
Forums
Evenstar Kinship :: Forums :: Public Forum - Memorial for Tayawen
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Tayawen's Memorial

Go to page       >>  
Author Post
Ceolgar
Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:29 PM Print View
Leader / Baron of the Beacon

Here we are gathering in the Prancing Pony before the service to toast Tayawen:

We then proceeded to march through Bree to the stable master to go to the Moors:

Once in the Moors we started off with a few folks from outside Evenstar. The Burglars decided to all go Stealthy in memory of Tayawen the Queen of Burglars!

Our gathering did not remain small, however. Several folks outside of Evenstar showed up to pay their respects. The group grew quite large:

After all was said, we gave Tayawen a send off with a large fireworks display:

A few Creeps made the perilous journey to pay their respects as well:

Thank you all for coming out and joining us.
Ceolgar
Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:30 PM

Here's a Text capture of the speeches from the memorial. I edited out most of the emote text and extraneous conversation to make it a bit easier to read.

wrote ...

### Chat Capture: General 04/21 09:24 PM ###
[To OOC] 'Thank you all for coming. We are gathered here today to remember our friend, kin-mate, or perhaps competitor, Tayawen.'
You say, 'It is always hard to lose someone you have known. It is still shocking to think that Tayawen will not be returning to Middle-earth to be with us all again.'
You say, 'I had high hopes that would be the case when she went away to seek help with her addiction. But, fate had other plans it seems.'
You say, 'Even though we will not have another opportunity to share future adventures with her, the memories of those already experienced will live on.'
You say, 'I personally can recall countless times Tayawen was willing to help out fellow kin members.'
You say, 'Whether it was to offer up useful items in kin-chat, or joining us in a party to visit Carn Dum, Tayawen was always willing to help out. Even if she was not prepared for it.'
You say, 'I am sure she has touched more people than she will ever know.'
You say, 'Tayawen spoke of Evenstar as her home. She was certainly like a member of our family.'
You say, 'A star has fallen, and our home will be less bright without her.'
You say, 'But, we should take comfort that she has moved on to a place free from her concerns and troubles.'
You say, 'I invite everyone here to share their fond memories of Tayawen, so we may all celebrate who she was and what she meant to us. May she never be forgotten.'
You say, 'I know Ceowaru has a few words to say'
You say, 'She may take my place here to speak'

Ceowaru says, 'Over two years ago I had the pleasure of inviting Tayawen into Evenstar as a recruit. Now as an officer inviting recruits is a regular task, nothing out of the ordinary.'
Ceowaru says, 'But, knowing Tayawen meant you knew she was nothing but ordinary. Before she joined Evenstar, she had a ton of questions about for me to answer about Evenstar.'
Ceowaru says, 'After all those questions, she confessed to me her last Kinship hadn’t been kind to her and she wanted to belong to a better one. Tayawen wasn’t afraid to chat about anything .'
Ceowaru says, 'After all the questions were answered we drifted into chatting from Burglars to Tolkien before she had to run off to a Moors Raid. Before she left tho she wanted her invite into Evenstar.'
Ceowaru says, 'Yeah we sorta let that slip by. Only after all the welcomes had died down in Kinchat did I notice we had chatted for over an hour.'
Ceowaru says, 'This was the first of many chats I had with Tayawen and none of them were ever ordinary.'
Ceowaru says, 'I asked anyone who knew Tayawen to send me anything they like to share'
Ceowaru says, 'and I received a letter from Lhegs also known as Jhewel who could not join us tonight'
Ceowaru says, 'I like to share it with all of you'

Ceowaru says, 'Iwanted to offer my condolences to you and your kin for the loss of Tayawen. I knew Tay through the moors, as it seems most of us do.'
Ceowaru says, 'While I am mainly a creep, this never stopped Tayawen from being nothing less than one of the nicest people in this game to me.'
Ceowaru says, 'She grouped me on my burg, knowing I was no good, and even offered me advice to help me improve. I was always happy to see her, no matter which side I was on at the time.'
Ceowaru says, 'Truly a kind person. My heart breaks for her family and friends, and I pray you all find comfort within each other during this hard time.'
Ceowaru says, 'I will be out of town on the night of the memorial, but will do everything in my power to try to make it there to pay my respects. may peace be with you all.'
Ceowaru says, 'Sincerely,Lhegs or Jhewels'

Ceowaru says, 'I know turn the floor to Wisa'

Wisa shouts, 'about 1 year and 1/2 ago I was out here in the Moors to say goodbye to a kinmate from Southern Comfort- went by Rekka out here'
Wisa shouts, 'some of you that I see here were there that day as well..I never spoke that day'
Wisa shouts, ''some of you that I see here were there that day as well..I never spoke that day''
Wisa shouts, 'I regret that because I never got to share how wonderful Terry was..I don't want to make the same mistake'
Wisa shouts, 'Taya was an amazingly kind human being taken from us far too young'
Wisa shouts, 'she did not have things easy and she fought some demons but she never let that make her mean or hard or uncaring.'
Wisa shouts, 'I just want everyone to hold that in their hearts and pay it forward every chance you get..you never know when you won't have another chance'

Ceowaru says, 'Thank you Wisa Athwen would like the floor'

Athwen says, 'Taya was one of my favorite kin people'
Athwen says, 'i always missed her when she was away. we has so much fun in chat'
Athwen says, 'everyone in the kin will probably aways remember her as the queen of the miss tell'
Athwen says, 'and for our ABBA sign alongs'
Athwen says, 'i will never again hear Dancing Queen without thinking of her'
Athwen says, 'she was an amazing person'
Athwen says, 'and i know i will miss he. her life cut short. but this turn out shows that she touched many'

Ceowaru says, 'Thank you Athwen'
Ceowaru says, 'Jadrean would like the floor'

Jadraen says, 'Taya was the reason I joined this guild a little over a year ago'
Jadraen says, 'I was on another server f2p and was slaving away in the GA. She came and helped me when no one would fellow with me'
Jadraen says, 'she stuck with me through what felt like a million of those quests.'
Jadraen says, 'I knew that someone who was willing to brave that horrible place with me multiple times belonged to a special kind of kin, and I was right.'
Jadraen says, 'Once I joined, she and I had a few really wonderful conversations, and knowing that it was my first character and my first time playing, she helped me out whenever she could'
Jadraen says, 'crafting, fellowing, encouraging words, anything.'
Jadraen says, 'As someone in the medical field, I see people struggle with their demons on a daily basis'
Jadraen says, 'It doesn't bother me usually'
Jadraen says, 'but losing Taya hurt, she was a friend, even if we never met out of game'
Jadraen says, 'I don't know if she had faith or religion, but in mine we believe that just about everyone goes to Heaven.'
Jadraen says, 'I know she's up there now with a great seat, yelling down encouragement and giving advice to us even now.'
Jadraen says, 'She will be missed, but not forgotten, the amount of people who showed up here tonight is a testament to that'
Jadraen says, 'I hope she's found the peace she was always looking for.'

Ceowaru says, 'Thank you Jade'
Ceowaru says, 'Wisa has a note to read that she received from another player'
Ceowaru says, 'the floor is yours'

Wisa says, 'well actually I dont have the note- it was sent to Elvisa..but I wanted to acknowledge an in game mail I received from Pherenn the leader of FbF'
Wisa says, 'bah KoV sorry:)'
Wisa says, 'I am emotional right now..anyway..I wanted to thank him and his kin members for their kind words and condolences'

Ceowaru says, 'thank you Wisa'
Ceowaru says, 'Solstyce would like the floor'

Solstyce says, 'I will be brief...'
Solstyce says, 'There is little more that stabs to the hear like a promise left unkept in a situation like this.'
Solstyce says, 'I promised Taya I would join her in the 'moors when I was of the proper level. I cannot keep that promise but I know Taya knew I would join her when I was ready. I was unable to make the promise in time.'
Solstyce says, 'I am sorry I could not keep my word, but I know Taya will be cheering for me when I am ready for battle in the 'moors. I will do so in her name. Taya I salute you.'
Solstyce draws his sword in salute to Jadraen!

Ceowaru shouts, 'Anyone else out there want to speak?'
Frandoc says, 'I would Mrs. Ce.'
Ceowaru shouts, 'Frandoc would like the floor'

Frandoc says, 'I am so glad to see so many here.'
Frandoc says, 'Taya came into Evenstar a few months after I did.'
Frandoc says, 'When I started my first burglar, she was very interested and offered many tips.'
Frandoc says, 'I was heavily into wardendom though so I did not get very far then.'
Frandoc says, 'She helped me with many of my crafters. My jeweller made it through an entire tier on her donations.'
Frandoc says, 'As has been said before she was queen of the mt.'
Frandoc says, 'Many of hers were sidesplittinly funny.'
Frandoc says, 'I teased her sometimes that I was putting hem into my archves.'
Frandoc says, 'Also I remember her reaction when SoM launched and it came out that new LI's would have to be started.'
Frandoc says, 'I did not even have an LI at the time, but it was obvious that this was something very very bad.'
Frandoc says, 'During the last months a veil lifted and it became evident that she had great pain and sorrow in her real life.'
Frandoc says, 'She searched for the good path and seemed to be finding it, but she lost her footing and has fallen into shadow.'
Frandoc says, 'Evenstar really will not be the same without her.'
Frandoc says, 'Goodbye, Taya, burglar of burgars and good friend.'
Frandoc says, 'May Illuvatar receive you with kindness.'

Ceowaru says, 'thank you very much Fran'
Ceowaru says, 'I now give the floor to Whoo'

Whoo says, 'From tribe Redmaw we reach out our hand to you'
Whoo says, 'We also know the pain of losing a loved one'
Whoo says, 'Thankyou for this memorial. And may ur Gods be with u.'
Whoo bows deeply.

Ceowaru says, 'Thank you Who and all of Redmaw'
Ceowaru shouts, 'Would anyone else like to speak?'
[no other speakers come forth]

Ceowaru says, 'I have a few more words about Taya'
Ceowaru shouts, 'Tayawenn taught me many things about being a Burg and even a bit about PVP. But, most importantly, she taught me that true Family isnt always about blood ties.'
Ceowaru says, 'She said from day one that Evenstar was like family, and she really meant it.'
Ceowaru says, 'Towards the end of her life she confessed to me she had no real family left. What she really meant was her real life family had abandoned her years ago...'

Coldfells Elite defeated Restinpeacetaya.

Ceowaru shouts, 'And for her, Evenstar was her only real family. Rest in Peace, Taya ...until we meet again'

[Raid] Jondo: Did you see the combat log just now: Character "Restinpeacetaya has succumbed to his wounds."
Shaeft bows deeply before Ceowaru.
[To Raid] Yes indeed
[Raid] Jadraen: yea
[Raid] Psychosanity: a creep named Restinpeacetaya is fighting nearby
[Raid] Oswold: yes
[Raid] Jondo: Nice
[Raid] Wisa: i did
[Raid] Solstyce: Oh wow

Ceowaru shouts, 'Thank you all for coming'

Ceowaru shouts, 'A TOAST To Tayawen'

Wisa shouts, 'To TAYA!!!!'

Valhawk says, 'R.I.P'

Straywen says, 'I give condolences for the loss of one of your family from the Friends of Frodo ..we have lost a few during my time and its always a terrible thing .. may she rest in peace'

[To OOC] 'On behalf of Evenstar, I would like to thank everyone for coming to join us to give Tayawen a proper send off. It is much appreciated.'

Jadraen says, 'I'll see you again Taya!!'

[Raid] Descord: i think mine is broke

[Raid] Ceowaru: Thanks for coming everyone
Solstyce shouts, 'kick ass wherever you are Taya'
Batgirl
Sun 22 Apr 2012, 08:18 AM
Dorky Nerd Queen
The beginnings of the gathering

Fireworks display

Ridgid
Sun 22 Apr 2012, 01:01 PM

It was an emotional evenin. Taawen touched many of us. She was a very giving and kind person, always willing to take the time to help others, questinhg, crafting and detailed advise. She was a fun opponent when I played my creeps in the moors - she was the one that got my blood pumping, normally when you get killed it is frustrating, when I got killed by Tayawen it usually just made me laugh. I always looked forward to seeing her out in the moors even though I knew if she was there I was no match for her. She will be greatly missed. Side- note: I made a character named ForTayawen last Sunday and crafted a bluebottle vase and placed it in Kinhouse.

[ Edited Sat 28 Apr 2012, 01:59 PM ]
Snowlock
Sun 22 Apr 2012, 05:51 PM
GuestI'm very sorry to have missed the memorial and more sorry still to have heard the news of Tay's passing.

I wouldn't say I knew her well, in fact, among those of us who were around a long time in the 'moors, it was often debated whether tay was a girl or a guy simply because she never spoke (to us at least) on voice, and I think it was because she was so damn lethal as a burg that some couldn't imagine her as a girl. I hope somehow there's a LOTRO in Heaven and She and Rekka are currently stalking one another; I think they would both enjoy the reunion.

I'm honored though to have been her ally.

On behalf of myself and all of the Iron Rangers, you have our condolences, Evenstar and Tay's friends and family.

Btw, Tayawen was the warg Playful as well, correct?
Ceolgar
Sun 22 Apr 2012, 06:12 PM

Snowlock wrote ...

I'm very sorry to have missed the memorial and more sorry still to have heard the news of Tay's passing.

I wouldn't say I knew her well, in fact, among those of us who were around a long time in the 'moors, it was often debated whether tay was a girl or a guy simply because she never spoke (to us at least) on voice, and I think it was because she was so damn lethal as a burg that some couldn't imagine her as a girl. I hope somehow there's a LOTRO in Heaven and She and Rekka are currently stalking one another; I think they would both enjoy the reunion.

I'm honored though to have been her ally.

On behalf of myself and all of the Iron Rangers, you have our condolences, Evenstar and Tay's friends and family.

Btw, Tayawen was the warg Playful as well, correct?

Thank you Snowlock for stopping by and sharing with us. Tayawen did have a warg however it was named Concubine. For some reason Playful does sound familiar. Though I can`t place who that is.
Elvee
Sun 22 Apr 2012, 09:23 PM
Trivia Queen / Uber Cool Nerd

Here is the in-game mail I received from Pherenn:

The Knights of Valour extends its deepest sympathies at the passing of one of your members. We wish your kinship, her loved ones, and all she touched, all the best.

Pherenn
Leader of the Knights of Valour
Pixiekitten
Mon 23 Apr 2012, 08:19 AM
Tour guide - Slightly Dorky Nerd Queen

Snowlock wrote ...

in fact, among those of us who were around a long time in the 'moors, it was often debated whether tay was a girl or a guy simply because she never spoke (to us at least) on voice, and I think it was because she was so damn lethal as a burg that some couldn't imagine her as a girl.

Oh you were not the only one, Snowlock. I believe Taya did not use voice for that very reason. Burgs like to be mysterious...

Snowlock
Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:26 AM
GuestPlayful was a very experienced, some would say legendary, warg on Vilya. One hell of a good player and absolutely lethal as a stealth class, and known equally as well for escaping the tightest of situations. Playful rarely grouped with other creeps, yet had you asked for help you generally got it and Playfull always seemed to spring out of stealth and attack when, as a creep yourself, you seemed to need the help most.

To my knowledge, Tay and Playful never fought each other. Playful appeared on Vilya after Lathandria (Tay's original mini) transferred to E. And then Playful was gone about the time this new burg Tayawen appeared on Vilya.

Oh, and it was oft debated among the veterans on both sides whether Playful was a guy or girl.

So that's why I asked, I've long suspected they were one and the same. And if they are, will be doubly missed.
Jonzor Firehand
Tue 15 May 2012, 05:09 PM
Duke of Three Hamlets
Oh no. I sign on to the forum for the first time in months and find this. Devastating news.
Go to page       >>  

Moderators: Jondo, Pixiekitten, Ceolgar, Athwen, Ridgid, Booksmcread, Elvee, Cedrowald, Griphus of Rebus

Jump:     Back to top